The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recommends healthcare professionals to prioritize urgent and emergency visits and procedures now.
- Delay all elective ambulatory provider visits,
- Reschedule elective and non-urgent admissions,
- Delay inpatient and outpatient elective surgical and procedural cases,
- Postpone routine dental and eyecare visits.
Pennsylvania Hospital Emergency Loan Program (HELP)
The Hospital Emergency Loan Program (HELP) was established to provide critical working capital bridge financing to hospitals located within the Commonwealth that are adversely impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The loan funds are intended to provide a short-term financing solution for hospitals until federal grant funding through the Coronavirus Aid Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act is received by the hospitals. The program is administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) through the Pennsylvania First Program (PA First).
Application Period: Monday, April 13 - Monday, April 20
- Interim Crisis Standards of Care - (PA Department of Health)
- Testing for COVID-19 - (PA Department of Health)
- Quarantine vs. Isolation - (PA Department of Health)
- Telemedicine Fact Sheet - (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- Blanket Waivers for Healthcare Providers - (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- Personal Protective Equipment when Careing for COVID-19 Patients - (CDC)
- PPE Distribution Guidance - (PA Department of Health)
- Interim Guidance for Healthcare Facilities
- Guidance for Alternate Care Sites
- Prepare your practice for COVID-19
- Prevention & Control FAQs
Guidance for Specialty Providers
Long-Term Care Living Facilities
- CMS Nursing Home Safe Reopening Guidance (5.18.20)
- CDC Guidance for Nursing Homes
- CMS Guidance for Nursing Homes